Back again by popular demand:
Emergency first aid training course
Wednesday 4 April 2018, 9:30-11:30am
Kensington Town Hall, committee room 5
As the first aid training course that the London Ambulance Service held for us in November 2017 was sold out within a couple of days, we will be holding it again!
Would you know what to do if someone had a cardiac arrest, stopped breathing, had a major bleeding or was choking?
The course, which lasts for two hours, teaches basic life-support skills so that you can manage until the ambulance staff arrive. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance at the end of the training session.
You will learn:
• Possible causes of cardiac and respiratory arrest
• What happens to the body during cardiac arrest
• How to recognise and manage a heart attack
• How to perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Putting someone into the recovery position
• Treating major bleeding and adult choking
• Defibrillator familiarisation
The number of places on this course is limited to 15, in order to give everyone a chance to practice on a dummy, so book as quickly as possible.